Milestones

Milestones

2016
The product innovations ISO-TLR Door lacquer Rapid and Aqua Wall tile lacquer were introduced at the “Farbe, Ausbau und Fassade” [façade design & interior architecture] trade fair in Munich. Jansen also presents the new Office paints field of business, launching the Aqua 2-component whiteboard paint, the Aqua blackboard lacquer and the magnetic fleece. This range will be extended in autumn, with the introduction to the market of Aqua Magnetic paint and Aqua Projection lacquer.

2015
From 2015 most Jansen special painter products can be mixed in a separate mixing machine in many of shades.

2014
The range of insulating coatings is expanded to include Jansen ISO-WSF Wetterschutzfarbe. ISO-WSF both isolates and covers as a 2-in-1 system for outdoor use.
For the first time in company history, a patent is filed for a product made by Jansen. Jansen Aqua blackboard paint is the first colourless one-component blackboard paint, with which walls and smooth surfaces can be written on with school chalk.

2013
Just in time for the exhibition "Colors, extension and facade" in Cologne, the product Jansen ISO-HDF is placed on the market. Jansen ISO-HDF is a 2-in-1 Aqua wood-ceiling paint for interior use, which both isolates and serves as a topcoat.

2012
The marking products business is continuously being expanded, and is boosted with the introduction of "Jansen Street Tattoos“.

2011
Following a strategic realignment, the development and marketing of niche products under the term "Jansen Painter special products", sold via specialized wholesale trade to the professional user, becomes the focus of business activities.

2010
As one of the first manufacturers, Jansen launches a water-dilutable thick protective coating with micaceous iron, branded ‘Metallon’, onto the market. This product is the starting point for an expanded assortment of modern metal-protection and metallic-effect paints.

2006 bis 2008
Legal regulations call for a fundamental change in the formulations, according to the new ChemVOCFarbV. The aim is to dramatically reduce the proportion of organic solvent in the alkyd resin varnish, without compromising the quality.

2004
The acquisition of the business unit ‘Isoliergründe’ under the paint factory Müller’s brand "Crystal Isolit" is the starting point of a growing assortment of primers and 2-in-1 coating systems based on water for the isolation of woods, nicotine and other water-soluble substances, which can lead to discoloration.

2003
The 125-year anniversary is celebrated in style. More than 1,000 visitors are present. With numerous campaigns, the company Jansen emphasizes its bond with Ahrweiler and the region.

2002
Käthe Wagner, daughter of Peter A. Jansen, who gave his name to the company, dies at the age of 88. She leaves her three daughters, Astrid Leu, Ingrid Mayer and Margit Vienna a healthy company. The family company continues under its third generation.

Outstanding quality must also be reflected in the appearance of products. This realization leads to the fundamental readjustment of the layout. All packaging for tins, and sales materials including the website are adapted according to the new guidelines.

1999
As part of the ongoing debate about safety in enterprises of the chemical industry, it is made possible to check and certify processes and environmental standards. The company Jansen undergoes the inspection and obtains the coveted Eco Audit Certificate.

1997
The Ahrweilit filler celebrates its 75th anniversary. The event is recognized through numerous sales campaigns.

1993
Acquisition of the internet domain www.jansen.de. As a result, the company Jansen is already present in the World Wide Web right from the beginning of the internet age.

1992
In the large companies of the chemical industry, numerous accidents with pollutant discharge occur. As a result, the environmental protection laws and regulations are adjusted. The company Jansen adopts its integrated manual for the organization of environmental protection and employee health and safety.

1980
With the acquisition of domestic and foreign filler-buying customers of the paint factory Wolters, and the purchasing of the brand "Bolivia", the varnish filler segment is strengthened in the product portfolio of the Jansen company.

1978
Based on solid economic and technological foundations, the shareholders, management and staff look forward to the second century of the Jansen paint factory’s existence with hope and confidence.
The mid 70s
The extractive industry provides binders based on acrylate. The company Jansen develops early formulations on an environmentally-friendly basis.

1974
To conform with the trademark enforced in the industry, the company operates under the name PA Jansen GmbH u. Co., KG.

1967
With the alignment of the status of blue-collar workers with that of white-collar employees, all workers with 15 years service are entered into the factory employees group. In order to further social protection of the workforce, a comprehensive pension plan with life insurance is created.

1964
With the death of Peter Jansen, his shares are transferred to his daughter Kate Wagner. In the meantime, Kate Wagner takes her own three daughters as limited partners in the family business. The continued rise in sales of Jansen products requires a renewed expansion of the  factory site and the establishment of additional factory buildings and production facilities.

1963
Although the Jansen Ahrweilit filler had already found lovers in neighbouring countries, the newly established export department ensures the sustainable expansion of the sales of Jansen products abroad.

1961
With the conversion of the one-man company into a family company, Peter Jansen takes his daughter Käthe Wagner as a limited partner in the company. The newly founded Ahr-Chemie GmbH then becomes a general partner in the company. The society is supported by an advisory board.

1951
Out of social responsibility towards his workforce, Peter Jansen establishes the benevolent fund of the paint factory P.A. Jansen e.V.
This union, supported by the company, has considerable financial resources, from which many former employees or their relatives are currently reaping the benefits.

1949
After overcoming the difficulties of the war and postwar turmoil, the company expands its distribution network to the entire Federal Republic. In the laboratories, coatings for industrial applications are developed in addition to house paints. The rapid expansion of the factory facilities leads to more Jansen products coming into the market.

1922
The name "Ahrweilit" is registered with the German Patent Office as a trademark. Under this trademark, the "Ahrweiler Filler", as it is known in professional circles, acquires a reputation for being a top product in professional filler technology. In addition to this Jansen speciality, the other Jansen paints have since then secured a permanent place in paint stores and in the painting trade as high-quality decorative paints.

1919
After a sharp fall in production due to the difficulty of raw material procurement during the First World War, Peter Jansen acquires the factory property. Determined, he builds the company, operated under the company name “Wirz Successor Peter A. Jansen” into a powerful paint industry factory.

1878
On part of the current factory site, known at this time as the "Green Way", Wilhelm Wirz begins to produce paints, varnishes and dry colours.    In the first decades, the inadequate road conditions in rural areas limit business substantially to the former Rhine province region.